Expectations for learning – IB Middle Years and Diploma Programmes
MYP – Grades 7 – 12
1. Learning will proceed according to the existing timetable in the form of online lessons, readings and tasks posted on ManageBac.
2. Each teacher will set up work for their class on ManageBac up to 5 minutes before the beginning of each timetabled lesson for that class.
3. Students will be expected to provide some feedback on work done in that lesson, so that teachers can monitor learning. All student work should be submitted on ManageBac by the deadline.
4. Each teacher will have an online conference call with each of their classes during the course of the week and during their regular lesson time.
- This will be done through the conference call system called “Microsoft Teams”
- Most lessons will begin with a live introduction, students should log into the relevant ‘class team’ at the usual lesson time, unless instructed otherwise by the teacher.
5. During the suspension of classes this week, teachers will be available for students to contact them with requests and queries for feedback from 8:50/9.00 to 15:45, Tuesday to Friday via email and Managebac.
6. If students fail to complete online engagements for sessions where they are present, teachers will as usual record this as ‘N/A’ (which will regrettably be counted as a ‘zero’ again as is our usual practice).
7. At present internal Diploma deadlines remain unchanged, and teachers will offer online support to Diploma students completing their Internal Assessment and any other form of coursework.
It is recommended that students be in a quiet space at home with their devices connected to the correct platforms from 09:00-15:45 (albeit taking the usual breaks of course).